STATE OF THE ART LENS TECHNOLOGY
We feature a quality selection of fashionable eyeglasses and premium lenses. Serving the Kamloops area, our office is conveniently located at 613 Lansdowne Street, Kamloops, BC, V2C 1Y6, so it’s easy to stop by and benefit from our exceptional vision products.
Our optical staff looks forward to helping you select the best eyewear for your vision prescription, lifestyle requirements, and unique fashion taste! Eyeglasses need to give you sharp vision and a flattering look for your face.
All patients, new and returning, are treated with patience and no pressure to reach a hasty decision. Superior customer service is our goal, and we want you to be thrilled with your eyewear and your experience in our Kamloops office!
How Do Nikon Lenses Work?
- After measuring or checking your eye correction needs, we send your unique parameters to Nikon. This includes your lens refractive power and, for some Nikon products, information about how the frame fits on your face, frame shape and size along with other parameters to help customize your lenses.
- Once your order is received by the Nikon representative company in your country, the data are forwarded to the Nikon Optical Design Engine, Nikon's optical optimization calculator located in Japan. This computer system takes all your personal data into account and calculates an optical surface for your eyes only.
- This information is then sent back electronically to one of their prescription laboratories where your lenses are manufactured, often in the country where you purchased them. There, high-precision digital tools go to work, surfacing and polishing your lens to fit your exact personal parameters. For the most frequent correction needs, such as simple myopia, lenses can also be cast in high-precision aspheric molds. This is done before receiving the order from the optician, with the benefit of faster delivery time.
- The lens is then coated, tinted or treated in vacuum chambers according to the various options that you have selected. It’s checked to ensure conformity to Nikon quality standards, and then it’s packed and shipped to us, your eye doctors.
- We fit the lenses into your eyeglass frame, ensuring that they will be properly positioned in front of your eyes.
- After that, your eyeglasses are ready. We will call you to pick them up and may give you a final check and adjustment.
Nikon carries Single Vision, Progressive, Transition, Blue Blocking, and many more lenses. Nikon's lenses are built with precision and accuracy and have been perfected since Nikon's establishment in 1917. That's 101 years of growing and learning.